Saturday 25 April 2015

'The Doctor'

This project was part of the final year of my degree programme. The Doctor was designed and made for a movie called ‘The Children of Cradle Grave.’ I pitched to supervise the creature fx on the movie by running through the script, identifying the shots and calculating a top-end and low budget solution for them. I had the sequences storyboarded first to check that the producer, director and I were clear on what I was quoting for. The fx head pictured was created from a life cast of the producer, Mark Pegg. It was cast in a Platinum Silicone and finished in oil paints.




Storyboard for the proposed scene


Work-in-progress photos

Starting to work on the plasterline life cast

Sculpting the wound and adding texture

More texture and claying up for moulding

Fibreglass mould and claying up the core

Painting in silicone for the would and injecting for the skin

Demoulding the silicone bust and painting with oils


No comments:

Post a Comment