Saturday 2 May 2015

Studio Scale Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

In 2008, whilst in the third year of my degree course, I spent some of my spare time making a replica of the filming miniature of the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium from The Return of the Jedi. This was to be a prototype for a set of patterns I wanted to produce so that I could make a garage kit for collectors. Eventually I ended up scratch building three of these, with each one being more accurate than the last. This is my V1.




Work in Progress photos

Lasercutting the fuselage interior and wing mechanism supports

Piecing together the fuselage interior

The fuselage in primer

The wing mechanism 

Test-fitting the wings to the lower fuselage

Vac-forming the upper fuselage

Fitting the dorsal wing

Guns

The finished rear end in primer

Almost completed



3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Congrats for your amazing work! I love it!
    Could you tell me when your Imperial Shuttle Tydirium model set will be available? Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!

    What is the scale of the shuttle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!

    What is the scale of the shuttle?

    ReplyDelete